Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on car crash injures three in Rochester Monday afternoon
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital after a head-on crash on Route 202 Monday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:32 p.m. after an eastbound 2001 Jeep Cherokee, driven by Linda Dodier, of Somersworth, struck a westbound 2002 Toyota Avalon, driven by Joanne Wilson, of Milton, at the intersection of Highland Street - Route 202 - and Eastern Avenue.
Paramedics transported Wilson, Dodier and her passenger - Walter Fisher, of Wolfeboro - to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
A dog, which was also in the Cherokee, escaped injuries, according to police.
Investigators determined the accident occurred as Dodier was traveling on Highland Street while Wilson was attempting to make a left turn onto Eastern Avenue. While the light was green for both drivers, police issued Wilson with a summons for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth