Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on car crash injures three in Rochester Monday afternoon
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital after a head-on crash on Route 202 Monday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:32 p.m. after an eastbound 2001 Jeep Cherokee, driven by Linda Dodier, of Somersworth, struck a westbound 2002 Toyota Avalon, driven by Joanne Wilson, of Milton, at the intersection of Highland Street - Route 202 - and Eastern Avenue.
Paramedics transported Wilson, Dodier and her passenger - Walter Fisher, of Wolfeboro - to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
A dog, which was also in the Cherokee, escaped injuries, according to police.
Investigators determined the accident occurred as Dodier was traveling on Highland Street while Wilson was attempting to make a left turn onto Eastern Avenue. While the light was green for both drivers, police issued Wilson with a summons for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester