Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on car crash injures three in Rochester Monday afternoon
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital after a head-on crash on Route 202 Monday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:32 p.m. after an eastbound 2001 Jeep Cherokee, driven by Linda Dodier, of Somersworth, struck a westbound 2002 Toyota Avalon, driven by Joanne Wilson, of Milton, at the intersection of Highland Street - Route 202 - and Eastern Avenue.
Paramedics transported Wilson, Dodier and her passenger - Walter Fisher, of Wolfeboro - to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
A dog, which was also in the Cherokee, escaped injuries, according to police.
Investigators determined the accident occurred as Dodier was traveling on Highland Street while Wilson was attempting to make a left turn onto Eastern Avenue. While the light was green for both drivers, police issued Wilson with a summons for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax