Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on car crash injures three in Rochester Monday afternoon
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital after a head-on crash on Route 202 Monday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:32 p.m. after an eastbound 2001 Jeep Cherokee, driven by Linda Dodier, of Somersworth, struck a westbound 2002 Toyota Avalon, driven by Joanne Wilson, of Milton, at the intersection of Highland Street - Route 202 - and Eastern Avenue.
Paramedics transported Wilson, Dodier and her passenger - Walter Fisher, of Wolfeboro - to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
A dog, which was also in the Cherokee, escaped injuries, according to police.
Investigators determined the accident occurred as Dodier was traveling on Highland Street while Wilson was attempting to make a left turn onto Eastern Avenue. While the light was green for both drivers, police issued Wilson with a summons for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
- Man suffers serious burns in Plaistow house fire - 0
- Fire in Claremont Middle School of 'suspicious' origin - 0
- Construction of temporary bridge in Francestown set to start this month - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19