Home » News » Public Safety
Head-on car crash injures three in Rochester Monday afternoon
ROCHESTER - Three people were sent to the hospital after a head-on crash on Route 202 Monday afternoon.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:32 p.m. after an eastbound 2001 Jeep Cherokee, driven by Linda Dodier, of Somersworth, struck a westbound 2002 Toyota Avalon, driven by Joanne Wilson, of Milton, at the intersection of Highland Street - Route 202 - and Eastern Avenue.
Paramedics transported Wilson, Dodier and her passenger - Walter Fisher, of Wolfeboro - to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
A dog, which was also in the Cherokee, escaped injuries, according to police.
Investigators determined the accident occurred as Dodier was traveling on Highland Street while Wilson was attempting to make a left turn onto Eastern Avenue. While the light was green for both drivers, police issued Wilson with a summons for failing to yield to oncoming traffic.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief