Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. victim in fatal Nashua car crash identified
NASHUA - A Worcester, Mass., woman died in a crash Saturday night on Searles Road while the driver, also from Worcester, remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Police identified the woman as Sheryl Laitinen, 55. She was a passenger in a car being driven by James Bazinet, 47, who was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Firefighters returning to the Conant Road station at 11:21 p.m. came upon the crash site. A car had veered off the road at 5 Searles Road and hit a tree. Both Laitinen and Bazinet had to be extricated from the wreckage.
Laitinen was taken to St. Joseph Hospital where she was pronounced dead, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over