Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. victim in fatal Nashua car crash identified
NASHUA - A Worcester, Mass., woman died in a crash Saturday night on Searles Road while the driver, also from Worcester, remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Police identified the woman as Sheryl Laitinen, 55. She was a passenger in a car being driven by James Bazinet, 47, who was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Firefighters returning to the Conant Road station at 11:21 p.m. came upon the crash site. A car had veered off the road at 5 Searles Road and hit a tree. Both Laitinen and Bazinet had to be extricated from the wreckage.
Laitinen was taken to St. Joseph Hospital where she was pronounced dead, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus