Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. victim in fatal Nashua car crash identified
NASHUA - A Worcester, Mass., woman died in a crash Saturday night on Searles Road while the driver, also from Worcester, remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Police identified the woman as Sheryl Laitinen, 55. She was a passenger in a car being driven by James Bazinet, 47, who was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Firefighters returning to the Conant Road station at 11:21 p.m. came upon the crash site. A car had veered off the road at 5 Searles Road and hit a tree. Both Laitinen and Bazinet had to be extricated from the wreckage.
Laitinen was taken to St. Joseph Hospital where she was pronounced dead, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long