Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. victim in fatal Nashua car crash identified
NASHUA - A Worcester, Mass., woman died in a crash Saturday night on Searles Road while the driver, also from Worcester, remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Police identified the woman as Sheryl Laitinen, 55. She was a passenger in a car being driven by James Bazinet, 47, who was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Firefighters returning to the Conant Road station at 11:21 p.m. came upon the crash site. A car had veered off the road at 5 Searles Road and hit a tree. Both Laitinen and Bazinet had to be extricated from the wreckage.
Laitinen was taken to St. Joseph Hospital where she was pronounced dead, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time