Home » News » Public Safety
Mass. victim in fatal Nashua car crash identified
NASHUA - A Worcester, Mass., woman died in a crash Saturday night on Searles Road while the driver, also from Worcester, remains hospitalized in critical condition.
Police identified the woman as Sheryl Laitinen, 55. She was a passenger in a car being driven by James Bazinet, 47, who was first taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Firefighters returning to the Conant Road station at 11:21 p.m. came upon the crash site. A car had veered off the road at 5 Searles Road and hit a tree. Both Laitinen and Bazinet had to be extricated from the wreckage.
Laitinen was taken to St. Joseph Hospital where she was pronounced dead, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 5
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072