Dead moose investigated in Berlin
Conservation officers from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department are asking for public help in identifying the person or people responsible.
Fish and Game officers were alerted to the body of the adult cow moose on Nov. 30, finding it about 30 yards from the road. Conservation officer Geoff Younglove described it as one of the most egregious cases of poaching seen in the North Country this year.
The moose was shot multiple times and tracks in the snow confirmed someone had walked up to the moose, fired a shot into the animal's head then walked away. No meat was removed from the moose.
Authorities believe that the moose was shot either Nov. 27 or the following day. Fish and Game officials ask anyone with information to call the Region 1 Office in Lancaster at 603-788-4850, N.H. Fish and Game Dispatch at 603-271-3361 or Operation Game Thief at 1-800-344-4262. For online tips: http://www.HUNTNH.com/OGT?.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.