Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Police say suspect in custody may be connected to Tuesday's Londonderry bank robbery
LONDONDERRY -- A suspect taken into custody at the Londonderry Police Department on unrelated charges Tuesday evening may be connected to a bank robbery that occurred earlier in the afternoon, police said.
Citizens Bank, located at 42 Nashua Road in Londonderry, was robbed shortly after 4 p.m.
Londonderry Police promptly responded at the scene, along with members of the Derry Police Department and the NH State Police K-9 unit.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance photos, is described as a white male between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5 feet, 9 inches tall, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and black hat.
According to witnesses, the suspect was believed to have fled the scene in an "older model” white SUV without license plates and with chrome bumpers.
About an hour later, police located a Chevy Blazer without front plates in the parking lot of the nearby Route 102 Gas station. Police left the scene just after 5:30 p.m., though the suspect remained at large.
At 7:40 p.m., Londonderry Police Sergeant Kim A. Bernard confirmed the police had taken a suspect in custody on "unrelated charges" and it's possible that suspect may have been involved in the bank robbery.
An investigation into the incident continues.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 1
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video