May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Police say suspect in custody may be connected to Tuesday's Londonderry bank robbery
LONDONDERRY -- A suspect taken into custody at the Londonderry Police Department on unrelated charges Tuesday evening may be connected to a bank robbery that occurred earlier in the afternoon, police said.
Citizens Bank, located at 42 Nashua Road in Londonderry, was robbed shortly after 4 p.m.
Londonderry Police promptly responded at the scene, along with members of the Derry Police Department and the NH State Police K-9 unit.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance photos, is described as a white male between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5 feet, 9 inches tall, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and black hat.
According to witnesses, the suspect was believed to have fled the scene in an "older model” white SUV without license plates and with chrome bumpers.
About an hour later, police located a Chevy Blazer without front plates in the parking lot of the nearby Route 102 Gas station. Police left the scene just after 5:30 p.m., though the suspect remained at large.
At 7:40 p.m., Londonderry Police Sergeant Kim A. Bernard confirmed the police had taken a suspect in custody on "unrelated charges" and it's possible that suspect may have been involved in the bank robbery.
An investigation into the incident continues.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 2
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 2
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 4
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Derry marks a soldier's death
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424