Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say suspect in custody may be connected to Tuesday's Londonderry bank robbery
LONDONDERRY -- A suspect taken into custody at the Londonderry Police Department on unrelated charges Tuesday evening may be connected to a bank robbery that occurred earlier in the afternoon, police said.
Citizens Bank, located at 42 Nashua Road in Londonderry, was robbed shortly after 4 p.m.
Londonderry Police promptly responded at the scene, along with members of the Derry Police Department and the NH State Police K-9 unit.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance photos, is described as a white male between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5 feet, 9 inches tall, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and black hat.
According to witnesses, the suspect was believed to have fled the scene in an "older model” white SUV without license plates and with chrome bumpers.
About an hour later, police located a Chevy Blazer without front plates in the parking lot of the nearby Route 102 Gas station. Police left the scene just after 5:30 p.m., though the suspect remained at large.
At 7:40 p.m., Londonderry Police Sergeant Kim A. Bernard confirmed the police had taken a suspect in custody on "unrelated charges" and it's possible that suspect may have been involved in the bank robbery.
An investigation into the incident continues.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917