Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police say suspect in custody may be connected to Tuesday's Londonderry bank robbery
LONDONDERRY -- A suspect taken into custody at the Londonderry Police Department on unrelated charges Tuesday evening may be connected to a bank robbery that occurred earlier in the afternoon, police said.
Citizens Bank, located at 42 Nashua Road in Londonderry, was robbed shortly after 4 p.m.
Londonderry Police promptly responded at the scene, along with members of the Derry Police Department and the NH State Police K-9 unit.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance photos, is described as a white male between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5 feet, 9 inches tall, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and black hat.
According to witnesses, the suspect was believed to have fled the scene in an "older model” white SUV without license plates and with chrome bumpers.
About an hour later, police located a Chevy Blazer without front plates in the parking lot of the nearby Route 102 Gas station. Police left the scene just after 5:30 p.m., though the suspect remained at large.
At 7:40 p.m., Londonderry Police Sergeant Kim A. Bernard confirmed the police had taken a suspect in custody on "unrelated charges" and it's possible that suspect may have been involved in the bank robbery.
An investigation into the incident continues.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 1
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 5
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'