June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Police say suspect in custody may be connected to Tuesday's Londonderry bank robbery
LONDONDERRY -- A suspect taken into custody at the Londonderry Police Department on unrelated charges Tuesday evening may be connected to a bank robbery that occurred earlier in the afternoon, police said.
Citizens Bank, located at 42 Nashua Road in Londonderry, was robbed shortly after 4 p.m.
Londonderry Police promptly responded at the scene, along with members of the Derry Police Department and the NH State Police K-9 unit.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance photos, is described as a white male between 5 feet, 7 inches and 5 feet, 9 inches tall, wearing a baggy sweatshirt and black hat.
According to witnesses, the suspect was believed to have fled the scene in an "older model” white SUV without license plates and with chrome bumpers.
About an hour later, police located a Chevy Blazer without front plates in the parking lot of the nearby Route 102 Gas station. Police left the scene just after 5:30 p.m., though the suspect remained at large.
At 7:40 p.m., Londonderry Police Sergeant Kim A. Bernard confirmed the police had taken a suspect in custody on "unrelated charges" and it's possible that suspect may have been involved in the bank robbery.
An investigation into the incident continues.
- - - - - - - -
April Guilmet may be reached at AGuilmet@newstote.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students being evaluated at scene of Salem bus crash - 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424