Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Rye Junior High principal faces DWI charge
RYE - SAU 50 Superintendent George Cushing is standing behind Rye Junior High School Principal Chris Pollet, who is fighting a drunk driving charge.
According to a state police arrest log, Pollet, 46, of Stratham was arrested and charged Nov. 21 around 5:21 p.m. on Route 16 in Rochester.
Cushing said Pollet was involved in an accident when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and was later treated at a hospital for head trauma, acute cervical strain and chemical burns from a deployed airbag. It was later determined that Pollet suffered a concussion, Cushing said.
He said Pollet is recovering and has returned to school on a reduced schedule
"He hasn't had his day (in court) to answer the charges yet," Cushing said. "He is denying it and he has not been convicted of anything."
Calls to Pollet and his Portsmouth lawyer, Sven Wiberg, were not returned Monday.
Pollet was hired to take the helm at Rye Junior High School in 2007 after serving in the Oyster River School District for many years.
"He has been a very dependable employee and leader and I expect that to continue," Cushing said, adding that he had "a lot of faith" in his principal.
Cushing said Pollet has been up front with parents and school officials about what happened.
Parents were alerted on Monday, the superintendent said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Update: Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483