Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Rye Junior High principal faces DWI charge
RYE - SAU 50 Superintendent George Cushing is standing behind Rye Junior High School Principal Chris Pollet, who is fighting a drunk driving charge.
According to a state police arrest log, Pollet, 46, of Stratham was arrested and charged Nov. 21 around 5:21 p.m. on Route 16 in Rochester.
Cushing said Pollet was involved in an accident when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and was later treated at a hospital for head trauma, acute cervical strain and chemical burns from a deployed airbag. It was later determined that Pollet suffered a concussion, Cushing said.
He said Pollet is recovering and has returned to school on a reduced schedule
"He hasn't had his day (in court) to answer the charges yet," Cushing said. "He is denying it and he has not been convicted of anything."
Calls to Pollet and his Portsmouth lawyer, Sven Wiberg, were not returned Monday.
Pollet was hired to take the helm at Rye Junior High School in 2007 after serving in the Oyster River School District for many years.
"He has been a very dependable employee and leader and I expect that to continue," Cushing said, adding that he had "a lot of faith" in his principal.
Cushing said Pollet has been up front with parents and school officials about what happened.
Parents were alerted on Monday, the superintendent said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 21
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424