May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Rye Junior High principal faces DWI charge
RYE - SAU 50 Superintendent George Cushing is standing behind Rye Junior High School Principal Chris Pollet, who is fighting a drunk driving charge.
According to a state police arrest log, Pollet, 46, of Stratham was arrested and charged Nov. 21 around 5:21 p.m. on Route 16 in Rochester.
Cushing said Pollet was involved in an accident when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and was later treated at a hospital for head trauma, acute cervical strain and chemical burns from a deployed airbag. It was later determined that Pollet suffered a concussion, Cushing said.
He said Pollet is recovering and has returned to school on a reduced schedule
"He hasn't had his day (in court) to answer the charges yet," Cushing said. "He is denying it and he has not been convicted of anything."
Calls to Pollet and his Portsmouth lawyer, Sven Wiberg, were not returned Monday.
Pollet was hired to take the helm at Rye Junior High School in 2007 after serving in the Oyster River School District for many years.
"He has been a very dependable employee and leader and I expect that to continue," Cushing said, adding that he had "a lot of faith" in his principal.
Cushing said Pollet has been up front with parents and school officials about what happened.
Parents were alerted on Monday, the superintendent said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 53
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 11
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 5
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 2
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424