Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Rye Junior High principal faces DWI charge
RYE - SAU 50 Superintendent George Cushing is standing behind Rye Junior High School Principal Chris Pollet, who is fighting a drunk driving charge.
According to a state police arrest log, Pollet, 46, of Stratham was arrested and charged Nov. 21 around 5:21 p.m. on Route 16 in Rochester.
Cushing said Pollet was involved in an accident when he swerved to avoid another vehicle and was later treated at a hospital for head trauma, acute cervical strain and chemical burns from a deployed airbag. It was later determined that Pollet suffered a concussion, Cushing said.
He said Pollet is recovering and has returned to school on a reduced schedule
"He hasn't had his day (in court) to answer the charges yet," Cushing said. "He is denying it and he has not been convicted of anything."
Calls to Pollet and his Portsmouth lawyer, Sven Wiberg, were not returned Monday.
Pollet was hired to take the helm at Rye Junior High School in 2007 after serving in the Oyster River School District for many years.
"He has been a very dependable employee and leader and I expect that to continue," Cushing said, adding that he had "a lot of faith" in his principal.
Cushing said Pollet has been up front with parents and school officials about what happened.
Parents were alerted on Monday, the superintendent said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424