Home » News » Public Safety
Lee shooting investigation could take a couple of weeks
LEE - Circumstances that caused officers to shoot a local man near his home early Monday morning may not be known until the new year.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said she expects investigators from the AG's office and the State Police Major Crime Unit to take "a couple of weeks" before producing an official report.
She added further information will be released when the investigation is complete. It is standard procedure for state officials to investigate an incident where police use deadly force, according to Morrell.
Area police responded to 289 Lee Hook Road after the man's wife, Mary, reported that her husband, Steve Amazeen, 45 discharged a weapon in their home and was possibly suicidal just after midnight.
After being shot by police, Amazeen was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, where he underwent surgery. Amazeen's wife, and their daughter, were not injured during the incident.
As of Tuesday, Amazeen remains in good condition at Wentworth-Douglass, according to spokeswoman Noreen Biehl.
She said Monday that she could not comment on the type of weapon Amazeen fired or any specifics related to the shooting or any pertinent timeline. It remains unclear whether Amazeen will be charged in connection with the incident prior to the shooting, which is being investigated by Lee Police.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate