Home » News » Public Safety
Lee shooting investigation could take a couple of weeks
LEE - Circumstances that caused officers to shoot a local man near his home early Monday morning may not be known until the new year.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said she expects investigators from the AG's office and the State Police Major Crime Unit to take "a couple of weeks" before producing an official report.
She added further information will be released when the investigation is complete. It is standard procedure for state officials to investigate an incident where police use deadly force, according to Morrell.
Area police responded to 289 Lee Hook Road after the man's wife, Mary, reported that her husband, Steve Amazeen, 45 discharged a weapon in their home and was possibly suicidal just after midnight.
After being shot by police, Amazeen was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, where he underwent surgery. Amazeen's wife, and their daughter, were not injured during the incident.
As of Tuesday, Amazeen remains in good condition at Wentworth-Douglass, according to spokeswoman Noreen Biehl.
She said Monday that she could not comment on the type of weapon Amazeen fired or any specifics related to the shooting or any pertinent timeline. It remains unclear whether Amazeen will be charged in connection with the incident prior to the shooting, which is being investigated by Lee Police.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 0
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 1
- Driver hits Rochester monument, rolls car and is trapped - 0
- Nashua firefighters put out two fires; 14 people forced out in Palm Street blaze - 0
- Two injured in late night car crash in Londonderry - 0
- Hampton Falls woman charged with striking Rye police officer with her car - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 13
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist