Home » News » Public Safety
Lee shooting investigation could take a couple of weeks
LEE - Circumstances that caused officers to shoot a local man near his home early Monday morning may not be known until the new year.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said she expects investigators from the AG's office and the State Police Major Crime Unit to take "a couple of weeks" before producing an official report.
She added further information will be released when the investigation is complete. It is standard procedure for state officials to investigate an incident where police use deadly force, according to Morrell.
Area police responded to 289 Lee Hook Road after the man's wife, Mary, reported that her husband, Steve Amazeen, 45 discharged a weapon in their home and was possibly suicidal just after midnight.
After being shot by police, Amazeen was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, where he underwent surgery. Amazeen's wife, and their daughter, were not injured during the incident.
As of Tuesday, Amazeen remains in good condition at Wentworth-Douglass, according to spokeswoman Noreen Biehl.
She said Monday that she could not comment on the type of weapon Amazeen fired or any specifics related to the shooting or any pertinent timeline. It remains unclear whether Amazeen will be charged in connection with the incident prior to the shooting, which is being investigated by Lee Police.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 1
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072