Home » News » Public Safety
Lee shooting investigation could take a couple of weeks
LEE - Circumstances that caused officers to shoot a local man near his home early Monday morning may not be known until the new year.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Susan Morrell said she expects investigators from the AG's office and the State Police Major Crime Unit to take "a couple of weeks" before producing an official report.
She added further information will be released when the investigation is complete. It is standard procedure for state officials to investigate an incident where police use deadly force, according to Morrell.
Area police responded to 289 Lee Hook Road after the man's wife, Mary, reported that her husband, Steve Amazeen, 45 discharged a weapon in their home and was possibly suicidal just after midnight.
After being shot by police, Amazeen was transported to Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, where he underwent surgery. Amazeen's wife, and their daughter, were not injured during the incident.
As of Tuesday, Amazeen remains in good condition at Wentworth-Douglass, according to spokeswoman Noreen Biehl.
She said Monday that she could not comment on the type of weapon Amazeen fired or any specifics related to the shooting or any pertinent timeline. It remains unclear whether Amazeen will be charged in connection with the incident prior to the shooting, which is being investigated by Lee Police.
- - - - - - - -
John Quinn may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 10
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 1
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's