NHIAA Girls' Basketball Roundup: Derryfield registers first victory
Hannah Comeau had career highs of 31 points and eight steals to lift the Derryfield School girls' basketball team past Nute of Milton, 49-39, on Tuesday in Manchester.
Hannah Zinn added five points and a career-high 15 rebounds for the Cougars (1-1). Michelle Guindon had 10 points for Nute of Milton (0-2).
Laconia 36, Winnisquam 28: In Tilton, Laconia improved to 2-0 by holding off a second-half comeback by Winnisquam.
The Sachems were led by Madeline Compton with 12 points, while Callie Swormstedt added nine and Kaley Nute seven.
Bishop Brady 57, Raymond 15: At Raymond, Taylor Ong and Sarah Thomas each scored in double-figures for Brady of Concord (2-0). Amanda McGee and Amanda Franco scored six points apiece for Raymond (0-2).
Conant 55, Campbell 37: At Jaffrey, Madison Springfield poured in 26 points on opening night for Conant, which posted a home win against Campbell of Litchfield. Madison and Katie Chadbourne (12 points) combined for five 3-pointers.
Kylie Julia had nine points to pace a balanced scoring attack for Campbell (1-1).
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs