NHIAA Girls' Basketball Roundup: Derryfield registers first victory
Hannah Comeau had career highs of 31 points and eight steals to lift the Derryfield School girls' basketball team past Nute of Milton, 49-39, on Tuesday in Manchester.
Hannah Zinn added five points and a career-high 15 rebounds for the Cougars (1-1). Michelle Guindon had 10 points for Nute of Milton (0-2).
Laconia 36, Winnisquam 28: In Tilton, Laconia improved to 2-0 by holding off a second-half comeback by Winnisquam.
The Sachems were led by Madeline Compton with 12 points, while Callie Swormstedt added nine and Kaley Nute seven.
Bishop Brady 57, Raymond 15: At Raymond, Taylor Ong and Sarah Thomas each scored in double-figures for Brady of Concord (2-0). Amanda McGee and Amanda Franco scored six points apiece for Raymond (0-2).
Conant 55, Campbell 37: At Jaffrey, Madison Springfield poured in 26 points on opening night for Conant, which posted a home win against Campbell of Litchfield. Madison and Katie Chadbourne (12 points) combined for five 3-pointers.
Kylie Julia had nine points to pace a balanced scoring attack for Campbell (1-1).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown team to beat in NHIAA Div. II baseball tourney - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
- Londonderry blanks Exeter for third shutout in a row - 0
- NHIAA Division I baseball tourney picture about to become clear - 1
- NHIAA Tennis: Bedford is championship-focused - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Hanover's Cravero hurls another no-hitter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 2
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
New Hampshire Club News
Derry council defends officials' purchases
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands