NHIAA Girls' Basketball Roundup: Derryfield registers first victory
Hannah Comeau had career highs of 31 points and eight steals to lift the Derryfield School girls' basketball team past Nute of Milton, 49-39, on Tuesday in Manchester.
Hannah Zinn added five points and a career-high 15 rebounds for the Cougars (1-1). Michelle Guindon had 10 points for Nute of Milton (0-2).
Laconia 36, Winnisquam 28: In Tilton, Laconia improved to 2-0 by holding off a second-half comeback by Winnisquam.
The Sachems were led by Madeline Compton with 12 points, while Callie Swormstedt added nine and Kaley Nute seven.
Bishop Brady 57, Raymond 15: At Raymond, Taylor Ong and Sarah Thomas each scored in double-figures for Brady of Concord (2-0). Amanda McGee and Amanda Franco scored six points apiece for Raymond (0-2).
Conant 55, Campbell 37: At Jaffrey, Madison Springfield poured in 26 points on opening night for Conant, which posted a home win against Campbell of Litchfield. Madison and Katie Chadbourne (12 points) combined for five 3-pointers.
Kylie Julia had nine points to pace a balanced scoring attack for Campbell (1-1).
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch