NHIAA Girls' Basketball Roundup: Derryfield registers first victory
Hannah Comeau had career highs of 31 points and eight steals to lift the Derryfield School girls' basketball team past Nute of Milton, 49-39, on Tuesday in Manchester.
Hannah Zinn added five points and a career-high 15 rebounds for the Cougars (1-1). Michelle Guindon had 10 points for Nute of Milton (0-2).
Laconia 36, Winnisquam 28: In Tilton, Laconia improved to 2-0 by holding off a second-half comeback by Winnisquam.
The Sachems were led by Madeline Compton with 12 points, while Callie Swormstedt added nine and Kaley Nute seven.
Bishop Brady 57, Raymond 15: At Raymond, Taylor Ong and Sarah Thomas each scored in double-figures for Brady of Concord (2-0). Amanda McGee and Amanda Franco scored six points apiece for Raymond (0-2).
Conant 55, Campbell 37: At Jaffrey, Madison Springfield poured in 26 points on opening night for Conant, which posted a home win against Campbell of Litchfield. Madison and Katie Chadbourne (12 points) combined for five 3-pointers.
Kylie Julia had nine points to pace a balanced scoring attack for Campbell (1-1).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: A new garden cemetery for Manchester - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: NH Fire Insurance has broad presence, shorter name - 0
- NH Fire Company knew how to celebrate an anniversary - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Prosperity in Manchester and a fireproof building to lead by example - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: San Francisco burns, and New Hampshire Fire comes through - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: The NH Fire Insurance Company gains a strong foothold - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Devastating fires provide opportunities to shine - 0
- Aurore Eaton's Looking Back: Manchester's worst fire strikes the heart of the city - 0
- Looking Back with Aurore Eaton: New Hampshire's first insurance company opens for business - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced