NHIAA Girls' Basketball Roundup: Derryfield registers first victory
Hannah Comeau had career highs of 31 points and eight steals to lift the Derryfield School girls' basketball team past Nute of Milton, 49-39, on Tuesday in Manchester.
Hannah Zinn added five points and a career-high 15 rebounds for the Cougars (1-1). Michelle Guindon had 10 points for Nute of Milton (0-2).
Laconia 36, Winnisquam 28: In Tilton, Laconia improved to 2-0 by holding off a second-half comeback by Winnisquam.
The Sachems were led by Madeline Compton with 12 points, while Callie Swormstedt added nine and Kaley Nute seven.
Bishop Brady 57, Raymond 15: At Raymond, Taylor Ong and Sarah Thomas each scored in double-figures for Brady of Concord (2-0). Amanda McGee and Amanda Franco scored six points apiece for Raymond (0-2).
Conant 55, Campbell 37: At Jaffrey, Madison Springfield poured in 26 points on opening night for Conant, which posted a home win against Campbell of Litchfield. Madison and Katie Chadbourne (12 points) combined for five 3-pointers.
Kylie Julia had nine points to pace a balanced scoring attack for Campbell (1-1).
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Texting + driving = deadly consequences - 0
- Deerfield teacher honored by national science organization - 0
- Institute of Art graduates its largest class in Manchester - 0
- UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos - 23
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 1
- Tiny Thomas More College class urged to be courageous - 0
- Lebanon College graduates 19 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rabid cat found, shot in Hillsborough - 0
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Fisher Cats’ win streak snapped by Portland - 0
- NH celebrates presidential primary’s 100th anniversary - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Survivors pulled from Oklahoma tornado debris as toll falls - 1
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs