Home » Sports » College Sports
BC to name Addazio football coach; Manchester's Day may move, too
Temple head coach Steve Addazio will replace Frank Spaziani and be named the next head football coach at Boston College, according to an email from BC athletic director Brad Bates.
The program finished 2-10 this season after having gone to 12 straight bowl games from 1999-2010.
It could be even bigger news for New Hampshire, as it likely means the return of hometown favorite and Manchester native Ryan Day. The former New Hampshire Gatorade Player of the Year at Manchester Central (1996) is Addazio's offensive coordinator at Temple University and in all likelihood will make the leap to Chestnut Hill with the coach.
Day's Boston College connections run deep, as he served as a graduate assistant from 2003-04 and later as the wide receivers coach from 2007-11 after single-season stops at Florida and Temple. He also earned his master's of science in administrative studies at BC in 2004 after playing as a three-year starter at quarterback for New Hampshire then serving as the team's tight ends coach.
Before Temple, the pair coached together for the Gators under Urban Meyer. Addazio spent the last two years as head coach at Temple. He compiled a record of 13-11.
A press conference to formally introduce Addazio is scheduled for today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter teachers were kids' favorites - 6
- Jury overrules panel, awards malpractice verdict in son's death - 21
- Judge continues case against Keene parking meter 'Robin Hoods' - 35
- Teen told no fish story: He's the official derby winner - 0
- Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police - 0
- New Conway library director coming from Manchester - 0
- Updated: Old Epping cemetery disturbed - 0
- Naturalization ceremony welcomes 26 new Americans - 1
- Pinkerton students pause to remember Lt. Paul DeMeo - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off