Home » Sports » College Sports
BC to name Addazio football coach; Manchester's Day may move, too
Temple head coach Steve Addazio will replace Frank Spaziani and be named the next head football coach at Boston College, according to an email from BC athletic director Brad Bates.
The program finished 2-10 this season after having gone to 12 straight bowl games from 1999-2010.
It could be even bigger news for New Hampshire, as it likely means the return of hometown favorite and Manchester native Ryan Day. The former New Hampshire Gatorade Player of the Year at Manchester Central (1996) is Addazio's offensive coordinator at Temple University and in all likelihood will make the leap to Chestnut Hill with the coach.
Day's Boston College connections run deep, as he served as a graduate assistant from 2003-04 and later as the wide receivers coach from 2007-11 after single-season stops at Florida and Temple. He also earned his master's of science in administrative studies at BC in 2004 after playing as a three-year starter at quarterback for New Hampshire then serving as the team's tight ends coach.
Before Temple, the pair coached together for the Gators under Urban Meyer. Addazio spent the last two years as head coach at Temple. He compiled a record of 13-11.
A press conference to formally introduce Addazio is scheduled for today.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 5
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list