Home » Sports » College Sports
BC to name Addazio football coach; Manchester's Day may move, too
Temple head coach Steve Addazio will replace Frank Spaziani and be named the next head football coach at Boston College, according to an email from BC athletic director Brad Bates.
The program finished 2-10 this season after having gone to 12 straight bowl games from 1999-2010.
It could be even bigger news for New Hampshire, as it likely means the return of hometown favorite and Manchester native Ryan Day. The former New Hampshire Gatorade Player of the Year at Manchester Central (1996) is Addazio's offensive coordinator at Temple University and in all likelihood will make the leap to Chestnut Hill with the coach.
Day's Boston College connections run deep, as he served as a graduate assistant from 2003-04 and later as the wide receivers coach from 2007-11 after single-season stops at Florida and Temple. He also earned his master's of science in administrative studies at BC in 2004 after playing as a three-year starter at quarterback for New Hampshire then serving as the team's tight ends coach.
Before Temple, the pair coached together for the Gators under Urban Meyer. Addazio spent the last two years as head coach at Temple. He compiled a record of 13-11.
A press conference to formally introduce Addazio is scheduled for today.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
- Supreme Court says Manchester man who lost towed car while hospitalized can sue - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- House kills Hassan-backed casino bill, 199-164 - 16
- Threats at Goffstown High ‘not credible’ - 0
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs an ounce or under - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 9
License revocations for DWI announced
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs