Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Officer Doherty takes the stand in Webster trial
MANCHESTER -- Manchester Police officer Dan Doherty took the stand Wednesday morning in the attempted murder trial of the man accused of shooting him several times last March 21 at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
During his testimony, Doherty repeatedly used Myles Webster's name as he described the foot chase through the neighborhood before he came close enough to be able to tackle Webster.
But Webster stopped suddenly and wheeled around, Doherty said, when Webster put both
hands in his waistband. Doherty then heard the sound of a gun being racked, or loaded with a bullet in the chamber.
"I feel a round hit me in my left shin," said Doherty, who said he then felt more hits as Webster emptied his gun and then fled.
Doherty said he was able to communicate even though his microphone was under his body and he was suffering pain in his left leg and abdomen, from the five bullets that hit him. "I yelled very loudly that shots had been fired," he said, then shouted "Rimmon."
Cross examination was to begin after the morning recess.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again