June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Officer Doherty takes the stand in Webster trial
Two women agree Webster fired gun during car ride in city
Webster's defense says arrest a case of mistaken identity
MANCHESTER -- Manchester Police officer Dan Doherty took the stand Wednesday morning in the attempted murder trial of the man accused of shooting him several times last March 21 at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
During his testimony, Doherty repeatedly used Myles Webster's name as he described the foot chase through the neighborhood before he came close enough to be able to tackle Webster.
But Webster stopped suddenly and wheeled around, Doherty said, when Webster put both
hands in his waistband. Doherty then heard the sound of a gun being racked, or loaded with a bullet in the chamber.
"I feel a round hit me in my left shin," said Doherty, who said he then felt more hits as Webster emptied his gun and then fled.
Doherty said he was able to communicate even though his microphone was under his body and he was suffering pain in his left leg and abdomen, from the five bullets that hit him. "I yelled very loudly that shots had been fired," he said, then shouted "Rimmon."
Cross examination was to begin after the morning recess.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424