Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Officer Doherty takes the stand in Webster trial
MANCHESTER -- Manchester Police officer Dan Doherty took the stand Wednesday morning in the attempted murder trial of the man accused of shooting him several times last March 21 at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
During his testimony, Doherty repeatedly used Myles Webster's name as he described the foot chase through the neighborhood before he came close enough to be able to tackle Webster.
But Webster stopped suddenly and wheeled around, Doherty said, when Webster put both
hands in his waistband. Doherty then heard the sound of a gun being racked, or loaded with a bullet in the chamber.
"I feel a round hit me in my left shin," said Doherty, who said he then felt more hits as Webster emptied his gun and then fled.
Doherty said he was able to communicate even though his microphone was under his body and he was suffering pain in his left leg and abdomen, from the five bullets that hit him. "I yelled very loudly that shots had been fired," he said, then shouted "Rimmon."
Cross examination was to begin after the morning recess.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424