Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Officer Doherty takes the stand in Webster trial
MANCHESTER -- Manchester Police officer Dan Doherty took the stand Wednesday morning in the attempted murder trial of the man accused of shooting him several times last March 21 at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
During his testimony, Doherty repeatedly used Myles Webster's name as he described the foot chase through the neighborhood before he came close enough to be able to tackle Webster.
But Webster stopped suddenly and wheeled around, Doherty said, when Webster put both
hands in his waistband. Doherty then heard the sound of a gun being racked, or loaded with a bullet in the chamber.
"I feel a round hit me in my left shin," said Doherty, who said he then felt more hits as Webster emptied his gun and then fled.
Doherty said he was able to communicate even though his microphone was under his body and he was suffering pain in his left leg and abdomen, from the five bullets that hit him. "I yelled very loudly that shots had been fired," he said, then shouted "Rimmon."
Cross examination was to begin after the morning recess.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917