Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Officer Doherty takes the stand in Webster trial
MANCHESTER -- Manchester Police officer Dan Doherty took the stand Wednesday morning in the attempted murder trial of the man accused of shooting him several times last March 21 at the corner of Wayne and Rimmon streets.
During his testimony, Doherty repeatedly used Myles Webster's name as he described the foot chase through the neighborhood before he came close enough to be able to tackle Webster.
But Webster stopped suddenly and wheeled around, Doherty said, when Webster put both
hands in his waistband. Doherty then heard the sound of a gun being racked, or loaded with a bullet in the chamber.
"I feel a round hit me in my left shin," said Doherty, who said he then felt more hits as Webster emptied his gun and then fled.
Doherty said he was able to communicate even though his microphone was under his body and he was suffering pain in his left leg and abdomen, from the five bullets that hit him. "I yelled very loudly that shots had been fired," he said, then shouted "Rimmon."
Cross examination was to begin after the morning recess.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 1
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424