Home » News » Public Safety
Victim transported by helicopter to Boston following gunshot injury at Londonderry home
LONDONDERRY -- One victim was transported by DHART helicopter after apparently sustaining a gunshot wound to the head inside a Londonderry home Wednesday evening.
Londonderry Police were called to the scene at 30 Buttrick Road just after 7 p.m., where they discovered the unidentified victim.
By 7:40 p.m., a DHART helicopter was landing outside Londonderry High School, prepared to transport the victim to Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Little information was available in the hours following the incident and police remain on the scene actively investigating the incident Wednesday evening.
Residents are advised to avoid Buttrick Road as police continue securing the area. Police said the weapon believed used in the incident has been recovered and the public wasn't in any danger at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire