Home » News » Public Safety
Victim transported by helicopter to Boston following gunshot injury at Londonderry home
LONDONDERRY -- One victim was transported by DHART helicopter after apparently sustaining a gunshot wound to the head inside a Londonderry home Wednesday evening.
Londonderry Police were called to the scene at 30 Buttrick Road just after 7 p.m., where they discovered the unidentified victim.
By 7:40 p.m., a DHART helicopter was landing outside Londonderry High School, prepared to transport the victim to Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Little information was available in the hours following the incident and police remain on the scene actively investigating the incident Wednesday evening.
Residents are advised to avoid Buttrick Road as police continue securing the area. Police said the weapon believed used in the incident has been recovered and the public wasn't in any danger at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072