Home » News » Public Safety
Victim transported by helicopter to Boston following gunshot injury at Londonderry home
LONDONDERRY -- One victim was transported by DHART helicopter after apparently sustaining a gunshot wound to the head inside a Londonderry home Wednesday evening.
Londonderry Police were called to the scene at 30 Buttrick Road just after 7 p.m., where they discovered the unidentified victim.
By 7:40 p.m., a DHART helicopter was landing outside Londonderry High School, prepared to transport the victim to Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Little information was available in the hours following the incident and police remain on the scene actively investigating the incident Wednesday evening.
Residents are advised to avoid Buttrick Road as police continue securing the area. Police said the weapon believed used in the incident has been recovered and the public wasn't in any danger at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run