Home » News » Public Safety
Victim transported by helicopter to Boston following gunshot injury at Londonderry home
LONDONDERRY -- One victim was transported by DHART helicopter after apparently sustaining a gunshot wound to the head inside a Londonderry home Wednesday evening.
Londonderry Police were called to the scene at 30 Buttrick Road just after 7 p.m., where they discovered the unidentified victim.
By 7:40 p.m., a DHART helicopter was landing outside Londonderry High School, prepared to transport the victim to Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Little information was available in the hours following the incident and police remain on the scene actively investigating the incident Wednesday evening.
Residents are advised to avoid Buttrick Road as police continue securing the area. Police said the weapon believed used in the incident has been recovered and the public wasn't in any danger at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 4
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal