Home » News » Public Safety
Victim transported by helicopter to Boston following gunshot injury at Londonderry home
LONDONDERRY -- One victim was transported by DHART helicopter after apparently sustaining a gunshot wound to the head inside a Londonderry home Wednesday evening.
Londonderry Police were called to the scene at 30 Buttrick Road just after 7 p.m., where they discovered the unidentified victim.
By 7:40 p.m., a DHART helicopter was landing outside Londonderry High School, prepared to transport the victim to Tufts Medical Center in Boston.
Little information was available in the hours following the incident and police remain on the scene actively investigating the incident Wednesday evening.
Residents are advised to avoid Buttrick Road as police continue securing the area. Police said the weapon believed used in the incident has been recovered and the public wasn't in any danger at this time.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072