Home » News » Public Safety
Barricaded man causes lockdown at Goffstown school
GOFFSTOWN - An armed man who barricaded himself inside his residence at 27 Elm St. caused a lockdown at Maple Avenue Elementary School Wednesday, according to Capt. Rob Browne of the Goffstown Police Department.
Browne said a call came in to the police department at around 11:33 a.m. from a family member of Lucien Masson, 46, who had barricaded himself in his house and had access to weapons. Because of the close proximity to the school, the decision was made to go into lockdown mode, Browne said, "in case it was a situation that got sour."
"We didn't like to have to do it, but we wanted to make sure the kids were safe," Browne said. Masson eventually surrendered and came out of the residence on his own. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and is being held on $5,000 cash bail.
Browne said it was a "host of factors" at play that caused Masson to lock himself in his home, but alcohol appeared to have played a "significant part." Browne said all firearms have been removed from the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate