Home » News » Public Safety
Barricaded man causes lockdown at Goffstown school
GOFFSTOWN - An armed man who barricaded himself inside his residence at 27 Elm St. caused a lockdown at Maple Avenue Elementary School Wednesday, according to Capt. Rob Browne of the Goffstown Police Department.
Browne said a call came in to the police department at around 11:33 a.m. from a family member of Lucien Masson, 46, who had barricaded himself in his house and had access to weapons. Because of the close proximity to the school, the decision was made to go into lockdown mode, Browne said, "in case it was a situation that got sour."
"We didn't like to have to do it, but we wanted to make sure the kids were safe," Browne said. Masson eventually surrendered and came out of the residence on his own. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and is being held on $5,000 cash bail.
Browne said it was a "host of factors" at play that caused Masson to lock himself in his home, but alcohol appeared to have played a "significant part." Browne said all firearms have been removed from the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters