Home » News » Public Safety
Barricaded man causes lockdown at Goffstown school
GOFFSTOWN - An armed man who barricaded himself inside his residence at 27 Elm St. caused a lockdown at Maple Avenue Elementary School Wednesday, according to Capt. Rob Browne of the Goffstown Police Department.
Browne said a call came in to the police department at around 11:33 a.m. from a family member of Lucien Masson, 46, who had barricaded himself in his house and had access to weapons. Because of the close proximity to the school, the decision was made to go into lockdown mode, Browne said, "in case it was a situation that got sour."
"We didn't like to have to do it, but we wanted to make sure the kids were safe," Browne said. Masson eventually surrendered and came out of the residence on his own. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and is being held on $5,000 cash bail.
Browne said it was a "host of factors" at play that caused Masson to lock himself in his home, but alcohol appeared to have played a "significant part." Browne said all firearms have been removed from the house.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem