Home » News » Public Safety
Barricaded man causes lockdown at Goffstown school
GOFFSTOWN - An armed man who barricaded himself inside his residence at 27 Elm St. caused a lockdown at Maple Avenue Elementary School Wednesday, according to Capt. Rob Browne of the Goffstown Police Department.
Browne said a call came in to the police department at around 11:33 a.m. from a family member of Lucien Masson, 46, who had barricaded himself in his house and had access to weapons. Because of the close proximity to the school, the decision was made to go into lockdown mode, Browne said, "in case it was a situation that got sour."
"We didn't like to have to do it, but we wanted to make sure the kids were safe," Browne said. Masson eventually surrendered and came out of the residence on his own. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and is being held on $5,000 cash bail.
Browne said it was a "host of factors" at play that caused Masson to lock himself in his home, but alcohol appeared to have played a "significant part." Browne said all firearms have been removed from the house.
READER COMMENTS: 74
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 1
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time