Home » News » Public Safety
Barricaded man causes lockdown at Goffstown school
GOFFSTOWN - An armed man who barricaded himself inside his residence at 27 Elm St. caused a lockdown at Maple Avenue Elementary School Wednesday, according to Capt. Rob Browne of the Goffstown Police Department.
Browne said a call came in to the police department at around 11:33 a.m. from a family member of Lucien Masson, 46, who had barricaded himself in his house and had access to weapons. Because of the close proximity to the school, the decision was made to go into lockdown mode, Browne said, "in case it was a situation that got sour."
"We didn't like to have to do it, but we wanted to make sure the kids were safe," Browne said. Masson eventually surrendered and came out of the residence on his own. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest and is being held on $5,000 cash bail.
Browne said it was a "host of factors" at play that caused Masson to lock himself in his home, but alcohol appeared to have played a "significant part." Browne said all firearms have been removed from the house.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 1
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate