Hanukkah begins on Saturday at sundown
Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of light, begins at sundown Saturday.
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire's Young Leadership Division will hold a Hanukkah party for people in their 20s and 30s next Thursday at the Bridge Cafe, 1117 Elm St., in Manchester, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person or $15 per couple for the event, which will feature latkes, drinks and games. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Federation's executive director, Inbar Keren, at Israeli@JewishNH.org or 627-7679.
And if you're looking for a special Hanukkah gift, you have until 9 a.m. Friday to bid in the Federation's online auction (www.jewishnh.org/auction).
Items include a two-night stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Tateossian London Quartz Watch, a chair from Fenway Park autographed by former Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and season tickets to the 2013 New Hampshire Jewish Film Festival.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Smiles say it all about Santa Fund - 0
- Dec. 29 Santa Fund donor list - 0
- Today's list of Santa Fund contributors - 0
- 'Sometimes, people hit hard times' - 0
- Santa Fund Toy Shop helps 1,185 families - 0
- Unexpected role has its challenges - 0
- Union Leader Santa Fund: Today's list of contributors - 0
- Bonneville continues support of Santa Fund - 0
- 'We do what we can to keep them happy' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'