Hanukkah begins on Saturday at sundown
Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of light, begins at sundown Saturday.
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire's Young Leadership Division will hold a Hanukkah party for people in their 20s and 30s next Thursday at the Bridge Cafe, 1117 Elm St., in Manchester, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person or $15 per couple for the event, which will feature latkes, drinks and games. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Federation's executive director, Inbar Keren, at Israeli@JewishNH.org or 627-7679.
And if you're looking for a special Hanukkah gift, you have until 9 a.m. Friday to bid in the Federation's online auction (www.jewishnh.org/auction).
Items include a two-night stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Tateossian London Quartz Watch, a chair from Fenway Park autographed by former Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and season tickets to the 2013 New Hampshire Jewish Film Festival.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Early Education Program to relocate - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 2
- Nashua school staff see tests as key to tracking student growth - 0
- Two Manchester schools off 'priority' list - 0
- Nashua officials seek advice on issue of student cellphone searches vs. privacy - 9
- Manchester school district makes bid to run Job Corps center - 2
- NEASC votes to reaccredit Central High - 1
- Londonderry school policy updates sought - 0
- New schedule feature will provide Nashua students with opportunities - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket