Hanukkah begins on Saturday at sundown
Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of light, begins at sundown Saturday.
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire's Young Leadership Division will hold a Hanukkah party for people in their 20s and 30s next Thursday at the Bridge Cafe, 1117 Elm St., in Manchester, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person or $15 per couple for the event, which will feature latkes, drinks and games. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Federation's executive director, Inbar Keren, at Israeli@JewishNH.org or 627-7679.
And if you're looking for a special Hanukkah gift, you have until 9 a.m. Friday to bid in the Federation's online auction (www.jewishnh.org/auction).
Items include a two-night stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Tateossian London Quartz Watch, a chair from Fenway Park autographed by former Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and season tickets to the 2013 New Hampshire Jewish Film Festival.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads