Hanukkah begins on Saturday at sundown
Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of light, begins at sundown Saturday.
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire's Young Leadership Division will hold a Hanukkah party for people in their 20s and 30s next Thursday at the Bridge Cafe, 1117 Elm St., in Manchester, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person or $15 per couple for the event, which will feature latkes, drinks and games. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Federation's executive director, Inbar Keren, at Israeli@JewishNH.org or 627-7679.
And if you're looking for a special Hanukkah gift, you have until 9 a.m. Friday to bid in the Federation's online auction (www.jewishnh.org/auction).
Items include a two-night stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Tateossian London Quartz Watch, a chair from Fenway Park autographed by former Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and season tickets to the 2013 New Hampshire Jewish Film Festival.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bucks snap skid at 11, top Celtics - 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466