Hanukkah begins on Saturday at sundown
Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of light, begins at sundown Saturday.
The Jewish Federation of New Hampshire's Young Leadership Division will hold a Hanukkah party for people in their 20s and 30s next Thursday at the Bridge Cafe, 1117 Elm St., in Manchester, beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $10 per person or $15 per couple for the event, which will feature latkes, drinks and games. For more information or to RSVP, contact the Federation's executive director, Inbar Keren, at Israeli@JewishNH.org or 627-7679.
And if you're looking for a special Hanukkah gift, you have until 9 a.m. Friday to bid in the Federation's online auction (www.jewishnh.org/auction).
Items include a two-night stay at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, a Tateossian London Quartz Watch, a chair from Fenway Park autographed by former Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and season tickets to the 2013 New Hampshire Jewish Film Festival.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466