Wilton Main Street group to make the season bright
WILTON - The Wilton Holiday Happenings begin Friday night with a celebration of art and artists at the Riverview Mill Artists Association. Along with shopping for unique gifts among the dozens of artists who call the mill home, the event features a reception with food and drink from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Then on Saturday, the fun starts at noon at the Lot 48 Park for the naming of the citizen of the year, according to Pat Condon of the Wilton Main Street Association.
Santa Claus and the Mrs. will arrive at the American Legion at 1 p.m. for the annual children's holiday party, which also includes a magician and gifts.
At 3 p.m. is the annual cookie swap at Sacred Heart Church. Folks are asked to bring two to three dozen cookies and will leave with an assortment of their choosing. After the cookie swap, Condon said, the church will host a community potluck supper featuring live music.
Shops along Main Street will be open throughout the day giving folks a chance to shop locally or catch a movie at the Wilton Town Hall Theatre.
For revelers who can't make Saturday's events, the Gregg Free and Wilton Public Library will hold a celebration in the newly refurbished rotunda on Thursday, Dec. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. That event will include holiday stories and lots of refreshments.
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?