Wilton Main Street group to make the season bright
WILTON - The Wilton Holiday Happenings begin Friday night with a celebration of art and artists at the Riverview Mill Artists Association. Along with shopping for unique gifts among the dozens of artists who call the mill home, the event features a reception with food and drink from 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Then on Saturday, the fun starts at noon at the Lot 48 Park for the naming of the citizen of the year, according to Pat Condon of the Wilton Main Street Association.
Santa Claus and the Mrs. will arrive at the American Legion at 1 p.m. for the annual children's holiday party, which also includes a magician and gifts.
At 3 p.m. is the annual cookie swap at Sacred Heart Church. Folks are asked to bring two to three dozen cookies and will leave with an assortment of their choosing. After the cookie swap, Condon said, the church will host a community potluck supper featuring live music.
Shops along Main Street will be open throughout the day giving folks a chance to shop locally or catch a movie at the Wilton Town Hall Theatre.
For revelers who can't make Saturday's events, the Gregg Free and Wilton Public Library will hold a celebration in the newly refurbished rotunda on Thursday, Dec. 13 from 6 to 8 p.m. That event will include holiday stories and lots of refreshments.
- - - - - - - -
Nancy Bean Foster may be reached at email@example.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.