Dog dies after getting caught in animal trap
AUBURN - A golden retriever died Thursday when it became ensnared in a metal hunting trap that authorities believe may have been set illegally.
Police Lt. Ray Pelton said Melissa Fogelson was walking her dog on a trail on the Manchester Waterworks property when her dog got stuck in the trap and suffocated.
"It's pretty bad," he said.
Pelton said police called in New Hampshire Fish and Game officers because the trap, which was on the ground, may have been illegal and was set so close to a walking trail.
"It wasn't like she was in the middle of the woods," he said. "They were on the trail. That could have been a kid or anybody" ensnared in the trap.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
- From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host classic car show - 0
- Book tells story of wife's battle with cancer - 1
- Grantham man is Geospatial Hall of Famer - 0
- Evidence challenged in Craigslist sex extortion case - 0
Lizzie borden took an axe ... or did she?
North Country open for business
To get away, they come to NH
From middle school to Middle Ages in Windham
Many in Salem disappointed by casino vote
Goffstown police sergeant fights suspension
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Casino vote stirs emotions on both sides